Friday, October 10, 2014

One week down...

I managed to survive my first week on Optifast, but I wasn't completely faithful. I snuck a couple ounces of chicken and had some coffee and still managed to drop a couple pounds. This week I'm going to smarten up. 

The hunger was pretty bad the first few days, but it did pass. I didn't find that my energy was affected, I did get my regular walks in along with lots of playtime with dogs. I burned an average of 3300 calories a day and ate an average of 1250. 

I drank a lot of water, I mean A LOT! I found my mouth to be dry all the time, I may have mistaken it for dehydration, which caused me to drink 4x16oz with shakes and 3x24oz water bottle. That's over 4 litres of water. I was advised to cut back and try to aim closer to 3 liters of water. I'm hoping with this adjustment, I'll get better results next week.

Overall, I'm happy with the taste of the shakes as long as I add some cocoa to it. Here's hoping the chocolate ones arrive shortly. I add about 14-18oz of water to each shake to help dilute the sweetness and its artificial taste.

I'm 17 pounds down and counting....for this, I am grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment