Sunday, August 31, 2014

Here I go again...but with support

Cards on the table, I'm 37 years old with quite a few pounds to lose. Hopefully 75 as I weigh 275. What got me here, It's too long for this blog, let's just say that food has been my best friend through heartbreak, stress, celebration and boredom... 

I've decided after many failed attempts of weigh loss, to enroll in a one year clinical program. This program will get me on the right track to a healthy lifestyle, or so I hope!

I've spent the last week enjoying all the foods that I'm sure won't be allowed starting this coming Thursday. As I type, I've got a big pot of Jamaican curry lamb simmering....the aroma alone makes me want to dive right in!

The fact that I go to food for all emotions wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't spent almost ten years cooking. You name , I can pretty much cook it....Instead of driving around to find what I'm craving, I just make it. Worst decision ever was getting the ice cream making attachment for the kitchen aid.....Ice cream, my number one favorite sweet. Dairy is pretty much my favorite of all food groups, from cheese, to yogurt, and to top if off, chocolate milk.... I mean really, who doesn't enjoy a glass of that liquid gold! 

The closest thing to chocolate that i'll be enjoying over the next year, will be in the optifast shakes...I'm thinking it's not going to do justice...Oh well, mentally I've got to prepare myself for what's going to be a hard but rewarding journey.

This program, partner's for a healthier weight, starts Thursday evening. I'll be posting all my measurements weekly along with random rants, which im hoping this blog will be a bit of a stress relief.


No comments:

Post a Comment